Friday, September 05, 2008

My First First Aid Kit

Today I realized I've had the same first aid kit since freshman year of college. It's a small blue and white box my mother got for me. It's running a little low on supplies, but so far I haven't had to replace any yet.

Those of you who don't know me very well might think this is the beginning of a charming vignette, painted with the imagination brush of a guy who doesn't get injured very often. The story could wind up at fond memories of my mother, and how she taught me to take care of myself or was always looking out for me.

Those of you who know me a little better already realize something is amiss. "Wait a second," you think, "this guy can hurt himself playing Ping Pong or Super Nintendo...and in fact has, multiple times! This makes no sense at all!"

But those of you who know me better still are thinking, "This makes perfect sense; he may hurt himself a lot, but he's really bad at finding stuff and remembering where he put things in his own apartment."

Thanks for looking out for me, Mom. You've been taking care of me by proxy, admittedly quite intermittently, for just over 5 years now.

I wonder if this is some kind of record for longest-lasting-first-aid-kit-owned-by-someone-who-injures-himself-as-much-as-I-do.

No comments: