Monday, October 06, 2008

My Fellow (sort of) Blogger

I just found out that McCain's 23-year old daughter has a blog about the campaign. I checked it out. Three things jumped out at me, all of which are probably connected. (1) Her blog is much more popular than mine; (2) she's much more attractive than I am; and (3) after 15 minutes of searching I couldn't find ANYTHING of substance on the entire blog. No opinions, no analysis, nothing but photo ops, letters, and anecdotes. If you took out the photos and blurred out the names, you wouldn't even be able to tell which candidate she supports. But I guess when you're that cute, you don't need to know or say anything to get people to vote for your dad.

That said, from a political perspective, the campaign seems to be using her well. I'm just glad I'm not in that position. I don't think I'd be able to take a nation-wide tour of grip-and-grin without saying anything other than canned sound bites, and without saying what I think and trying to convince people, change minds, and make my case.

That said, Meghan and I are both socially liberal (according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, I couldn't figure that out from the blog) but otherwise conservative political bloggers of the same age...I wonder if she'd go out with me. I am from one of the three most important swing states.

[If anyone is up for a contest among readers, try to find her most substantive post and post a link in the comments...you can find her blog at www.mccainblogette.com.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely the playlist section:

http://www.mccainblogette.com/playlists/

She's got an eclectic (and not bad!) taste in music.

Anonymous said...

so here is the difference between you an meghan. you're daddy did not buy you a place in columbia's class, nor did he leave his first wife for your bimbo of a mother. also your father has not recently become a fundamentalist christian for funsies.

that said, i think you should ask her out and see what happens. i guarantee that you will hit it off...except for her being insipid and everything.

xoxo, bridezilla

PiFry said...

Yeah, I was only a legacy in Penn's class and a father who would be an even more insane Commander-in-Chief. But at least he has the sense not to run on his preferred "Iran would make a nice parking lot" platform, so I've got that going for me, genetically speaking.

And how do you know she's insipid? Have you met her? She seems good with kids...