Monday, January 14, 2008

My Blog Update (Jan 08)

Some fellow bloggers have asked me for permission to link to this blog. I'll say right now that anyone is welcome to link to this blog or any part of it. You can search it on Google, and it's a public blog. The anonymity provided by the "Dramatis Personae" list on the right is in recognition of the fact that anyone can see the content (it protects the privacy of individuals mentioned here). So by all means, if anyone feels inspired to link to this blog or a post in it, go right ahead.

I also know that many people whom I've never met read this blog (I actually met someone last week who was already familiar with it). I also seem to have developed a quasi-regular following with a few people in England and Canada (hi, whoever you are). I suspect they come for my witty and concise take on American politics that you don't get from big media outlets.

If anyone's interested, since I've been keeping track (for roughly the last 700 hits or so), this blog has been visited by people in 26 different countries and 35 of the 50 states in the US.

Finally, a special welcome to a new member of my anonymous character list, Coder, who not only bested me in Futurama trivia, but even pointed out that this blog is inaccurately titled. While it sounded to me (and many others) like the mock-advertisement at the beginning of "The Problem With Popplers" (Season 2, Episode 18) said "Nobody does it like Molten Boron," it turns out that the script says "Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron." Thanks go to Coder, who was actually watching this episode on DVD with the subtitles on.

If I decide to switch to my own domain, I may wind up changing the title again, but for now, welcome to Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron.

Thanks, readers. I'll be back to my less meta-blogging soon.

No comments: