Thursday, December 07, 2006

SLEDGEHAMMER

So EDGE is a modern technology acronym used in the wireless services industry that stands for "Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution." I call BS on that. They obviously just wanted an "EDGE Network" to inspire associations with being on the cutting edge. You can make up a decent acronym for almost anything. Upon sharing this insight with a classmate, I was told no way, it's harder than it looks to make up decent acronyms. So I came up with my counterexample, on the spot (with an assist from my roommate, who was sitting next to me, on the last letter):
SLEDGEHAMMER:
Synergy Leveraging Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution with Heirarchical Access to Multi-Media Entertainment Resources.

Kind of sounds like a wireless YouTube, doesn't it? Other possible technology acronyms:
EVENTs
Enhanced Video Exchange Network Tools
BIRDNEST
Bridged Inter-Relational Database Networks for Enterprise Systems' Transactions
AMANDA
Alternative Multiplexing Approach to Network Data Acquisition

Etc. I'm going to bed.

No comments: