Monday, November 19, 2007

My Old Iraq Plan

I'm leaving for Boston tomorrow, so I probably won't be updating until after the Thanksgiving weekend. Before I go, I'd like to wish all my readers (both of you) a happy Thanksgiving.

I'd also like to point out that this article in the New York Times recommends pretty much EXACTLY the same plan I proposed back in 2003. I was told that I was being silly and naive, and that politics didn't work that way. Oh, how foolish I was in my younger years, to think of a plan that, after 4 years of quagmire, a former US Ambassador and current consultant to the US Government on Iraq policy is now espousing.

I have an idea: let's start judging ideas based on their merits instead of their source.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recall that plan working *great* in Yugoslavia :/

~Chase