Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Mailbox

I think I need to start checking my mail more frequently. I just checked my mailbox today (for the third time this academic year), and here's a partial list of what I found:

-A travel expenses reimbursement check for an interview I had over 2 months ago (the company still hasn't gotten back to me about it though--I'm starting to think rejected)
-A Happy Kwanzaa card (which got glitter all over my hands; well played, Groucho)
-A notification of the classes in which I successfully enrolled for this current semester
-A notification that I will no longer be considered an eligible voter in Philadelphia--and will have to go through some affidavit-signing mumbo-jumbo to vote again--if I don't return a form within 30 days of the notification date...which is 33 days ago

Also, I slipped on a giant thing of ice today and hurt both my legs. Laying on your back, temporarily unable to move, watching snow fall down on you is quite a contemplation-inducing experience. Ow. But as I lay there on the ice, with a giggling yet concerned Princess Lolly dangling a grocery bag over my face so I wouldn't have to eat snow as I panted my way through convalescence, I thought about the precious things in life we sometimes take for granted--and shouldn't. Things like the immense value of having a friend there when you're in pain or in trouble, and on a more basic level, your legs.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

LOL about the mail!
Hope you feel better.