Friday, March 06, 2009

My "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot"

So a big deal has been made about Rush Limbaugh lately. I never really paid the guy much attention--there hasn't been anything I could get from him that I don't already get from at least one of the three homeless people I pass on my way to work (the religious nut, the mean lady, and the crazy bird-man). Together those three beggars really are like listening to Rush on a drive to work...except I get to walk.

But lately he's been getting a lot of press, mostly about the Democrats painting him as the new face of the Republican party and his being stupid enough to accept that (or smart enough if he doesn't actually care about his party and just wants to cash in). So I thought I'd listen to a few of his comments from that famous speech he gave recently.

I didn't last very long.

At one point in his diatribe against President Obama, he decried our intrepid leader and attacked him for the TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Program), which he unequivocally described as unconstitutional.

OK, now I'm no historian, but wasn't the TARP plan created, enacted, and pushed through Congress by George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Henry Paulson? Wasn't half the TARP money spent or committed before Obama's inauguration?

Heckuva job with that speech, Rushie.

No comments: