Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Que Sarah Sarah

Today's Word of the Day is: SarahPac!

SarahPac is Sarah Palin's new PAC, or Political Action Committee (I'm almost positive that's what it stands for, but in the spirit of discussing Sarah Palin I've decided to do no extra research whatsoever...you know, out of solidarity).

What this means ostensibly is that Sarah Palin now has a vehicle for both accepting and making campaign contributions. She can raise money for herself, and take money from the PAC and direct it strategically, probably to support candidates fighting for things she believes in all over the country, from Iowa to New Hampshire, from Florida to Ohio...

Slightly less ostensibly, but no less obvious, is that this keeps Sarah Palin in the spotlight and help set up her primary run in 2012. She's also begun keying in on her #1 issue: energy independence. This is good for her, because she seemed fairly competent talking about the issues involved in the campaign, and coming from Alaska, she actually has credibility when she says "drill, baby, drill." (Plus, isn't it adorable when she says "baby"?)

I was thrilled to hear this news. And not because I'm a huge fan of clever names for PACs (though I am). I was happy because it means I get more Sarah Palin news without the stress of worrying if she might actually hold high constitutional office next year (as was true in the campaign). I miss her, but not the way I'll miss Ed Rendell or the way people miss Ronald Reagan. I miss Sarah Palin the same way we all miss Aaron Sorkin, who should come back and write another awesome TV show. She's so gosh darn adorable and entertaining, and I'm glad to see her back on the public stage with no hope of winning a high-ranking position in the federal government.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here here! I would probably sell my soul for a new Aaron Sorkin show that will get cancelled prematurely.
~Rhomega