Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Kangaburger

A coworker informed me today that a restaurant in the Philly suburbs makes burgers out of exotic animals, most notably, kangaroo. Needless to say, I want one.

I realized shortly after my hunger for the meat down under (you have a sick mind, you know who you are and you know that's not what I meant, kangaroos are Australian...jeez) that this will put me at solidly having eaten three animals from Winnie the Pooh (Rabbit and Piglet being the first two). This bothered me. I always thought of the bunny I ate as more of a Thumper thing, but with Rabbit, Pig and Kangaroo soon to be under my belt (literally, ha!), this presents a problem. Piglet and Rabbit are annoying, but Kanga's a real sweetheart! This was going to take some mental reconciliation.

A few hours later I figured it out. Kanga's an absolute doll, but have you ever noticed how she's a single mom? To get over my mental block, I decided to pretend I'm eating Roo's deadbeat dad.

Now all is at peace in my mind, and come DeluxX's Spring Break, he and I will be off to try kangaroo and perhaps some other delicious meats, depending on the special (regular specials include elk, emu, and caribou).

For those of you interested, the locale is called the Half Moon Restaurant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll recommend it to my braver colleagues when we're in Philly this summer.

-A

Jedimike "MNM" said...

Ever try donkey?

PiFry said...

I have not had donkey yet, but it's on my list.