Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'll get back to serious posts soon enough, but for now I thought I'd share a website that Super King introduced to me. It's a restaurant review and ranking site, but it's remarkable for it's nation-wide reach, and for the fact that the rankings and ratings are based on tastiness of the food alone (the written reviews address other things, but if you're like me, you'll agree that rankings and ratings are already subjective enough without having to deal with the reviewer's opinion of the decor).

The website is www.gayot.com. One page I've fixated one (well, two pages, there's a "next") is the list of top restaurants in Philadelphia. I'd love to hit all of them at one point or another.

(There are a few restaurants notably absent from the list, such as Lacroix at the Rittenhouse and the Fountain at the Four Seasons--when restaurants are undergoing changes, their rankings are temporarily removed.)

[Editor's Note: the website is not just for Philadelphia. It has rankings, ratings, reviews and Top 10 category lists for restaurants nationally, and in many cities, from San Francisco to Harrisburg.]

No comments: