Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Two Exams Tomorrow

So I have two finals tomorrow (later today now), and I just realized I haven't blogged in a while. I was actually writing a very interesting post (the one I mentioned in the last entry), but it got deleted when I crashed my computer trying to do too many things at once (a few dozen windows open, plus a big honking Excel model that used up every row in the spreadsheet, and another model I've been using to help in my apartment hunt).

Studying is really hard, mostly because the practice exams the professors posted are really easy (how do I study? how do I get motivated?). 25% of the Fixed Income practice final was actually FUN, because it involved a lot of graphs. I love graphs. I hope our exam is all graph-matching. Does that make me some kind of finance geek? I also had a class today I was going to skip in order to study, but a conversation with DeluxX quickly killed that idea. It's kind of sick to be in school and in a position where you have a choice between getting a better grade OR learning more (actually, that "or" should be an "xor" meaning Exclusive Or...I could only pick one). I went to class. The fact that it was WAY over my head (I missed last week for Passover) didn't diminish the pride I felt for setting my priorities.

Anyway, if something funny happens I'll post that. I guess seeing me eat a 2 foot long chicken cheesesteak to break passover would have been pretty funny, but it doesn't translate well into blog form.

At least I get a burger in between exams...

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I want a chicken cheesesteak!!!!

Good luck on exams :-)

Anonymous said...

That is one long cheesesteak...I didn't know they made them out of chicken either. I will say this - I have heard some smack talk that Pittsburgh makes a better cheesesteak than Philly =Oo (though I haven't had one first-hand).

I hope your exams go well.

~Chase (no other pseudonym needed, I suppose)