Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Response to Reader Comments I

I want to encourage reader comments, and I don't want readers to feel that their comments are going unread. I personally read every single comment at least once. So I want to take this opportunity to respond to a few that should be answered.

Rick Blaine - Thank you very much for the thoughtful contribution. I'm glad to know others are thinking about these issues too and that my readership isn't unanimously in favor of my staying away from serious topics. On a personal note, the entire Molten Boron community wishes you a speedy recovery. If you need anyone to manage your shady affairs during your convalescence, I'll gladly volunteer my services as an, ah, "investment manager" let's say.

Lizmonster - The NYTimes quote is funny because it reduces to the following "According to data compiled by Yale, Yale's the best." While I'm sure the data is accurate, it should always raise an eyebrow when the source and target of praise are one and the same. For example, according to this blogger, Nobody Does It Like Molten Boron is the best blog on the internet.

Barkeep - Yes, all of my titles are intentionally like Scrubs titles. Thanks for noticing. I like the convention, and it's a tribute to cleverness.

And finally, Chase - Anyone who actually thinks a Pittsburgh cheesesteak is better than a Philly cheesesteak is almost as dumb as the person I wrote about on April 15th. In the future, please smack anyone making such a claim with a large novelty fish.

If you'd like me to personally address you in a blog post, start commenting. I try to be responsive to suggestions and requests as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...But where can I find a large novelty fish in Pittsburgh? It's got to be a big one...probably a blue-and-white Swordfish or a Marlin, or something of that nature. Well I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those. Or perhaps I'll have to try one of these Pittsburgh steaks and see how it measures up for myself. In that case, I might have to hit myself with a large novelty fish, but in theory, Pitt will fail the Cheesesteak test and I will not need to go on a hunt for such a fish that I may strike myself with it.

~Chase