Sunday, January 07, 2007

My Wild Card Playoff Game

Kickoff in less than 4 hours. I figured I'd funnel my excitement into a fairly random blog post. With my main computer broken, I don't have a lot of better things to do that don't require pants.

Background for those of you who live on Mars: at 4:30 today, the Eagles host their division rival Giants in a first round playoff game. Winner advances--loser goes home and plans for next season.

The game is starting to affect my interactions with people...take these paraphrased snippets for example...
Chuck: Let's get wings for game.
Me: Yes, like the wings emblazened on the helmets of the team that will destroy your team. Very appropriate food.

Sheba: How come you're not going to the game?
Me: Well, I couldn't get tickets, and besides, Chuck [my Giants fan roommate] is going to need someone to hold him after the game. Normally anyone could tell he needed a hug--because he'd be crying--but I expect that by the time this is over, he won't have any tears left.

DeluxX: Why are you insane today?
Me: I'm not, but to someone not from Philadelphia, being an Eagles fan looks like insanity.

Hypothetical Person: What classes are you taking this semester?
Me: Ass Kicking 211 - Eagles Destroying Giants

People may say I'm going overboard. To those people, I say, read this:
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/16396724.htm
THAT is going overboard.

If the Giants win, boy will my face be red. Fortunately, no matter what happens, I'll be happy at the end of the game because I'll get to see Cynara after 2+ weeks (she's like the Futurama of girlfriends...and if you don't "aw" at that, you obviously don't know me, but thanks for reading my blog anyway).

No comments: