Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Few Thoughts

Been a while since I posted. Busy busy. Anyway, a few thoughts I'd like to share:

1.) Is it me, or is every website trying to become just like every other website? What's up with that? (Evidence: Facebook overhaul, Google Buzz, I heard Twitter is becoming more social-networky...)

2.) If I'm ordering a Papa John's pizza online, don't you think they should tell you the expected delivery time is 90 minutes BEFORE they bill your credit card? What do people consider acceptable maximum pizza wait times? I think 20-30 minutes is normal, 45 minutes to 50 if they're super busy. 90? Really? For shame.

3.) Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year. How come I'm celebrating Chinese New Year, but all my Chinese friends are celebrating Valentine's Day? (Disclosure: I'm not Chinese, but compared to some of the people who are, boy do I feel like I am.)

4.) Why is it when the Republicans are in the majority, it's 51 votes to get something done, but when the Democrats are in the majority, it's 60? The obvious answer is because the Democrats don't threaten to filibuster as much...but my theory is a little different: the Democrats are more afraid of the filibuster. Filibustering is hard...the Republicans can't filibuster EVERYTHING, and if they did, it'd be political suicide to appear CONSTANTLY intransigent in the face of widely popular bills (with which the Democrats would lead, if they were smart). Call their bluff, or if it's not a bluff, use it to win some desperately points going into the midterms. I'm not professional political strategist, but when your enemy is announcing their intended strategy--and it isn't that great a plan to begin with--why be afraid of it? Lose a few battles, win a few wars. It shouldn't be that complicated. Am I missing something...or are they?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After completely sucking at blog reading and emailing, I'm finally getting back to it, so "tag, you're it!"

1) I really hate all the changes and am scratching my head about google buzz

2) Anything more than 30 minutes is not acceptable for pizza delivery. Longer than that, and I might as well go get it myself.

-A

led lights said...

great blog! i learn few things in this post, thanks for the share.

downlights said...

nice posting keep blogging,