Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Most Badass TV Character

Calling all Firefly fans! River Tam, a 10-seed in Awesomeopolis's Most Badass TV Character bracket poll, has made it all the way to the finals! After a huge upset by this spunky little badass over a strong 2nd-seeded Jack Bauer, she now faces off in the battle of the brains against Dr. Gregory House. Her opponent uses his brain to fight diseases, and River, well, she can kill you with her brain.

I'm not sure how many Firefly fans I have left reading this blog (I know I used to have a lot more...say hi if you're still out there), but I'd like to endorse River Tam over Dr. House in this match. She has a special place in my heart for a number of reasons (such as this one, this one, a memory or two, and the fact that I nominated her for this contest).

For those of you wondering how these two made it to the finals, Dr. House was supported by a huge community of Hungarian fans of House, MD, and River was catapulted past Jack by a collection of Sci-Fi nerds, Joss Whedon devotees, and lonely guys who think she's cute--all of whom spend way too much time surfing the internet.

No comments: